It's been a month since we went out of town but I wanted to do a post for my own records. We went to
California the beginning of May and stayed at my parents house to watch their dog, "
Bear" while they were in Israel for
2 weeks! Who wouldn't want to do that? Besides, he is so cute and cuddly and my kids adore him! Anyway, the weather was overcast the entire time which was nice for a change but we definitely didn't come home with a tan from the beach! Grandma Bella came with us to help with the girls and we had such a relaxing time. We hung around the house and watched so many movies, ate out, shopped, went dolphin and whale watching, went to Sea World, went to Disneyland and just enjoyed being away from the heat and enjoyed being with each other with no chaos! We had so much fun... until the last 3 days! Jason got sick with the flu on Mothers Day (lucky me)! Emmie and Ava both got strep and Ava also got it in places I never knew you could catch it! Ava also smashed her finger in the shower door and screamed like no other. I got strep and a breast infection at the same time. Talk about MISERABLE! So, I had a friend that lives in our neighborhood call in an antibiotic for me. Needless to say, we were trying to leave but I couldn't even get out of bed the last day so we put the drive on hold until the following day thinking we were on our way back to normalcy. Well the last night I had gone to bed, I was taking my 5th bath up in my parents room in the middle of the night and Jason was yelling for me to come and feed Elsie because she was hungry. So, I get out and go running down the travertine stairs without drying off because I was trying to hurry to get to my baby and
BOOM! I fell all the way down the stairs and hurt myself very bad. Luckily Jason was at the bottom so he picked me up and put me on the bed. I have never been in
SO much pain in my entire life! I would much rather have had a baby naturally, it hurt so bad! So, we delayed the trip another day because I couldn't move. I completely forgot that I was running a fever with a breast infection and strep throat. Ava and I flew home the next morning so that I could get my back looked at and she could go to the doctor. There was NO way I would have been able to sit in the car for 5 hours! We are all better now thanks to Dr. Curtis! Avas finger and strep eventually got better and Emmie still hasn't been able to kick this cold that she has had for the past month. She is on her 2nd series of antibiotics and we are hoping that she doesn't have pneumonia. We had such a fun time on our first little family trip since Elsie has joined us! Life is good but would be a lot better if Em got over this sickness! Thanks to my parents for letting us come stay in their beautiful home for 2 weeks and getting to wake up to this every morning.......

This is their view from their beautiful home!

Emmie and Ava at Sea World
Em was so tired!

Little Miss Ava

Good ol' Sea World and Shamu

Grandma and Ava waiting for Shamu to start!

Emmie and Dad

Mom and Emmie
It was so COLD!

Our little family at Disneyland
The happiest place on earth! (it truly is with a handicap pass!)

Mom and Elsie at Grandma and Grandpa McCleves!

We went on a boat and went dolphin watching. It was so awesome, we found a pod of 300 dolphin and they were surrounding our boat! They were so close you could touch them! Amazing!

Em Bug sure did love the BUMPY boat ride! She smiled the entire time. It was better than Sea World to her!

Dad of course got sea sick. He said it put his equilibrium off for the next week. I, of course don't buy it!!!!!

Em and Ava in Minnie mouses house

Ava

Mickey Mouse

Dad and Em. She loved the feeling of the water on that spinning ball!

Dad and Elsie. He sat out most all the rides at Disneyland due to his equilibrium being off! We still LOVE him!

Sisterly LOVE!

Grandma and Elsie

Ava and Dad

Mom Elsie and Em

Love the teacups!

Good ol' Dumbo... it's always a hit with these girls!
11 comments:
What great pictures...sounds like a fantastic trip...minus the illness and injury. OUCH...I can't believe you fell down a flight of travertine stairs...I can only imagine the bruises from that. Glad you are okay.
I just love that view from their balcony - it made me want to take the girls this weekend while Scott is out of town- except that darn recital is Sat. Looks like you had fun!
That looks like a great time! You are brave to already go on vacation!!! Love the pix! I have some of Lily sleeping all thru sea world too! :)
FUN! I love Disneyland! We can get handicap passes too cause Bronsons heart is on the wrong side and it so much faster!!!! I think thats so funny that Em slept throught the whole thing!!! haha :)
What an eventful trip! Hope your back is OK. I think I would have been afraid to get on an airplane after all of that bad luck! Glad you made it back.
ok that is funny about jasons "equilibrium"..i can totally see you giving him a hard time..i used to think tim was full of it till i began getting motion sickness when i was pregnant. We have our trial run of our new pills!..we'll have to bringyou some over. looks like you guys had fun in laguna.:)
Oh, I love california! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Cute pictures. Perfect way to start the summer!
Looks like you had a fun time except when you all got sick. Your mom looks great. Tell her hi for me. How is your back? Hopefully better! Love your pictures. Your girls are beautiful!
beautiful pictures sorry to hear al the stuff that happened. I fell onmy stairs whenI was anout 4 mths pregnant It took over 8 weeks to feel better. I have been so sick since my c-sect. and both boys sick with the flu &102 temps..uggh!
how fun! i wish i could go to disney land!!!
Looks like you had a great time aside from all the sickness and injuries. Hope you are all doing better! I love your parents place! I couldn't even believe the view when I went there. When I look outside my back window I can see all three of my neighbors on all sides. About the same! Havent talked to you forever. Hows the house coming? You are probably way ahead of us now. We have sat for a month.
Post a Comment