you have to pause my music to listen!!!!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Inspiring Heroes!
As I was sitting in church yesterday, I was so emotional feeling like such a failure as a parent. I am sure that all of you have felt this way before. Most of you know that I have been having some major issues with Emmies school (Higley School District). Shocker, I know! When we took her to school for her first day back in August to meet the teacher etc., I didn't have a GREAT feeling. We sat down with a team of 10 or so people to do her IEP (individualized educational program). We couldn't come to an agreement on ANYTHING, so we agreed that they couldn't "meet her needs". I won't go into detail about all the nice things they said to us regarding our daughter that had my husband flying across the table ready to knock some people out! Needless to say... Emmie has been home with me for over 3 months. They are legally responsible to get her educated and transport her to a school that can "meet her needs". Of course I haven't heard one thing from this lovely district so now we are having to get legal. Not fun! This situation with Emmie is so frustrating to me because she is so smart and needs so badly to be in school. She is so bored at home with me! (wouldn't you be?) For the past 2 1/2 yrs she has been at an amazing school that has taught her so much. I don't want her to lose the things she has learned. She is cognitive and knows what is going on around her and deserves to receive an education. She has a physical disability that keeps her from doing the things she would like to do. When I saw this video for the first time on my friend Kims blog over a year ago, I lost it! I began to realize what a failure of a parent I have been. This remarkable story is one you will want to see, even if you don't have a disabled child. This is an incredible love story. Dicks son, Rick has cerebral palsy which means his brain can't send correct messages to his body. This is what our daughter Emmie has. This dad feels like he is giving his son his body so he can run. This amazing father is my hero, and everytime I watch this video it remotivates me to be the kind of mom I need to be for my beautiful daughter. I am NOT going to give up and I WILL fight tooth and nail for my princess! Watch this story, it's worth the 9 minutes.....
you have to pause my music to listen!!!!
you have to pause my music to listen!!!!
Labels:
Emmie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
Ok, now yu have me in tears. I remember seeing this on the Today show. He really is a great dad, but you do not give yourself enough credit. You are amazing with Emmie and she is so lucky to have you!
Don't be so tough on yourself! You are a super mom & I can tell how much you love your girls! I'm so sorry that you are going through all this with the school. Good luck!!! I love this clip what an amazing dad!
I'm not there, but I am pretty darn good on the phone. Let me know what I can do to help the school district problem. My fists are in the air!!!
You have to know that you and Jason are amazing parents. I know you'll get what's needed for Emmie becaue you are fighters!! I really enjoyed the video and now I have to go get my tissues! We love you guys& are behind you 100%
Oh and on your widget it's only 100 days left!!! Yippie!
ok so i didn't click on the video this time..cuz i'm not in the mood for crying but i'll do it later when i need some motivation to be a better parent. i have an idea for the moment. i will call you.
Oh my gosh....I have seen this video and I can't watch it again....if makes me bawl like a baby....so incredible....what an amazing love this father has for his son....I have to go grocery shopping so I am not even going to ATTEMPT to watch! You are a GREAT mom...just because you don't run marathons with your daughter doesn't mean you don't love her immensely or that you wouldn't do ANYTHING for her...we all know you love her and that you WILL fight for her. Good luck with the crappy school district. I can't imagine....hang in there....something has to give....I'll keep you in my prayers!
What an inspirational video- just remember that you are your daughter's hero too- It is so frustrating that
that you have to fight for your sweet daughter's rights to get an education-I don't even know what to say about these people's ignorance- how disgusting!
Keep up your fight!
I have seen that video before and it is so powerful! Don't give up on what you feel is best for her. You live with Emmie and nobody knows her like you guys do. Think of all the milestones she has had already that doctors said were not possible. I get so frusterated when it comes to fighting the system! I wouldnt feel bad at all. It is your kid! You guys are amazing parents! I watch all that you have done to help Emmie and you could make a video with your story.
U are running your own race too..as you fight for Emmie. She knows how much you love her just as this son knows it from his father. -no difference there. Happy 100th Day-to-go!
I'm not watching that at work! I bawl everytime I see it.
You are NOT a failure! You are amazing with Emmie and she adores you!
Now let's have that mom's night like SOON! Email me!
Hey Tiff,
The first time I saw this video I just sat and cried. It was so inspirational. What a great father! Having said that, I am sure you are the most WONDERFUL mother to Emmie as well. I can tell just by your post. Not all parents would "fight the system" to make sure their kids were getting the best education possible. That is wonderful that you are not settling with what "they" think is best. You are Emmie's mom and you know her better than anyone else. You know what she is capable of and you have every right to fight them until her needs are met. I think you are doing a great job.
Love ya,
Heather
Sometimes you stumble across something because you need to, I think. Thanks so much for posting this sweet video and sharing. Too often we don't realize how blessed we are and how many truly wonderful people there are in this world. You are one of them. Emmie is lucky to be in your little family. Thanks for reminding me that life is good, no matter what. Lisa
I've seen that video before and it was just as good this time. What amazing parents you and that sweet dad are. You fight the system because legally they have to help you. Doesn't Julia know about stuff like that? I know Myna Shepperd helped me a lot. You know what is best for your little girl and she deserves only the best. Keep up the fight and you will win! You are amzaing! We all feel like failures at times but we aren't. Satan just tries to discourage us and we have to show him we CAN do whatever it takes to do what needs to be done. Tell your mom hi for me!!!
Keep fighting girl! It is worth it. Our daughter adopted from Russia has FAS and the school didn't want to do anything. We fought until we got compensatory education for our daughter where the teacher came to our house during summer to make up for lost time.
Let me know if you need any help.
Oh Tiffany.......I am sitting here with tears running down my face, and I don't cry! YOU my friend are just as amazing as that man and his son, we just don't have a you tube video of it....yet. Your girls are sooo lucky to have you.
Post a Comment