Saturday, September 10, 2011

My sweet cousin, Amanda.

This past Sunday night, I got a shocking call that brought me to my knees. It literally brought me back to this time last year when we lost our daughter. My sweet cousin, Amanda, was in a car accident that ended her life and her family will NEVER be the same. My heart aches for my Aunt Julia,Uncle Vic and cousins. It hurts to see someone you love be in so much pain. I know that our families are Eternal and am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation but the pain thats in a parents heart when they lose a child, never goes away. I don't know what to say that will help them, especially when I know it doesn't get easier. I really don't like when people say that time heals because it doesn't. It's the first thing you think of every morning when you awake. You just miss them dearly and want to hold them. So when I am trying to console my sweet Aunt and Uncle, I don't feel like my words are very comforting. All I can say to help is that, I am grateful for the Plan. It's the only thing that gives us hope. Life sometimes doesn't seem fair. I know without a doubt that we are given trials to learn, grow and progress in this life. Our Heavenly Father is there to comfort us if we turn to him. Our Savior has felt everything possible that we would ever have to endure. He has made it possible for us to return to him if we keep the commandments and live the Gospel. I know it doesn't make it easier because it's so painful. We have to have faith and trust the Lords will. They now have a special Angel watching over them, what a gift.  



Amanda with her 2 sisters, her brother not pictured.

I am grateful for the time I spent with Amanda growing up. She was one of my favorite cousins, we have so many great memories together. Her beautiful smile was infectious and her spirit was so warm. I rarely heard her say a negative thing about anyone and I loved that about her. She accomplished so many things in her 31 years. She traveled to more places than I could imagine.... and was truly a free spirit!

 Please pray for them as they are going through such a difficult time. I know how effective prayer can be. It brings a sense of peace and love to the heart. Life is so fragile.... we never know what tomorrow can bring. We truly have to cherish our relationships with one another and stay close to the Lord. That is what brings peace.

To read Amandas obituary click here.

12 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry Tiff this is awful. She sounds like an amazing person. Don't discount yourself I imagine your words are more helpful than you think. Love you and can't believe what a rough time you all are having. I am praying for you all. Again so so sorry.

Shari Goodman said...

What a blessing they have you to give them such great comfort. My prayers will be with them an continue to be with you everyday. You are a an amazing person and sometimes we are given trials so we can turn that around and help others. Thanks for sharing.

kaylea campbell said...

I know your words would bring comfort to me if I were going through it. I'm sure that they have to them as well. If anything to at least see that they will be able to function again, smile again, sleep again although the pain I'm sure is so overwhelmingly real & awful. I can't even imagine...when I try to it hurts my mind & my heart too much.

*Your relationship with the Savior would just HAVE to be strengthened in a situation like this because He is your only hope!

I'm sure Emmie is loving having Amanda there! Both of their smiles would definitely light up the room...and now they are both brighter than ever!

Love you.

AudyCamp said...

(that was obviously me up above)...the joys of sharing a computer with your 8 year old.

Tracey said...

You have been great support to them.

I am grateful for the way you have allowed your trials to help you grow! You are a great example to me and many others, who stood by and watched the way you have handled your trials and afflictions!!

I love you!

Lydia said...

I am so sorry Tiffany. Your famaily has been through so much these past few years. You're right....the plan of salvation helps us get through these trials. You have all been in my prayers. Give Julia and Vic and their kids my love.

Aleia said...

I was so sad to her about Amanda. Thinking of you and all of your family:)

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino online[/url] brake the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]realcazinoz[/url] autonomous no deposit bonus at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino
[/url].

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف مجالس ببيشة
شركة تنظيف ببيشة

شركة تنظيف خزانات المياه بحائل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بحائل
شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل
شركة تنظيف المنازل والشقق بحائل
شركة تنظيف بحائل

Halo BW said...

My pray goes to all of you...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/menilik-8-bisnis-yang-tidak-termakan-waktu-beserta-serba-serbinya/

abo-bder said...



فني
شركة قص اشجار بالرياض


Anonymous said...

bloody slims