Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Debbie!

Photobucket

I know I am a little late on this post as I DID have every intention in doing this Thurs afternoon. When I walked through my door after a fun lunch with her life got a little crazy with the kids! Emmie was sick, so as soon as I got her off the bus I took her to the Dr. and they immediately sent us to the hospital for some lab work thinking she had something scary (meningococcal)! After being there ALL night long and trying to recover the next morning, I was beat! All her tests came back negative, but she was positive for Strep so I am now home with a very sick little girl. Sorry for being late and here is to Grandma Debbie.......

Happy 56th Birthday to Grandma Debbie! Would you ever guess that she has 20 grandchildren? I wouldn't! She looks amazing for her age and always does such a good job at taking care of herself. She is so much FUN to be around. Every time we go to visit she always makes us feel so welcome that we NEVER want to leave. She is such a good example to all of us and is such a great mother. At times, we stay up all night chatting about life and there seems to NEVER be a dull moment! We laugh until we are crying most of the time when we are all together. My parents manage to take us on some fun vacations and we always have the time of our lives. She always does such sweet things for all of us. This summer while we were there I went over to watch "The Bachelor" (because I had missed it) and she came down the stairs with a tray full of goodies for Ava and I. Everything always looks so much better when she pops it, peels it, or pours it! (you all know what I'm talking about) She has too many talents to list and is probably the most creative person ever. She can whip up an amazing dinner with hardly anything to choose from in the fridge. She can make an outfit look like it just came off the runway with pennies. She can also whip up a video to show and will have you crying it's so good. We've had some great times together and also had fun at Cheesecake Factory the other day for her Birthday. I want her to know how much we love and appreciate her. 


Photobucket
Us girls in Rome, Italy at the Colosseum

Photobucket
Ashy and Grandma in Italy
Photobucket
So young at heart!
Photobucket
Emmie with Grandma and Grandpa at Disneyland 2006

Photobucket
Ava and Grandma Disneyland 2006


Photobucket
Grandma and Elsie at the Beach 2008

11 comments:

Lundell Family said...

Don't worry about being late... I never even did a post. That was so sweet and I have to agree with the whole whip something up with nothing in her kitchen part. That had me laughing. I will search the wholek itchen and find nothing then she will make dinner for 25 people.

Lacey said...

Hi Tiff its me..I just flew back to Laguna from Arizona and had no idea what happened to Emmie.. You poor thing ( and Emmie) thats awful, I HATE emergency rooms..So sorry for your misery. I also wanted to thank you for the cutest blog. Carrie emailed me and told me to have Lacey get me on. (thanks lacey, your mother is blog handicapped).Anyway, you made lace and I laugh and of course I get teary eyed over just the thought of all the memories...Now I have a reputation to keep up with all those sweet comments. Yes we have had many LONG and treasured nights of laughs, tears and great little snackies...I am making pop corn right now. Come on over- the weather is quite moist and balmy..Love you guys so much.. kiss little Em better...mamma- seeta p.s. hope you found the closet spider ha ha

Lacey said...

tiff its lace now. that is such a sweet post. i laughed so hard when you talked about the food tasting better when she makes it! you are so right it is the strangest thing ever! i am REALLY going to miss that wow when i'm on my own haha. amen to everything so true. poor emmie! i will keep her in my prayers!!!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

all those things about her are so true, I just love hanging out with her..she is the best!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

P.S. Ihope Emmie is better, that stuff sucks!

AudyCamp said...

you said it all so perfectly! How is Emmie doing now? She's in our prayers.

Amy said...

Great post - she looks just the same as when we were all in HS. I could only wish for the same aging beauty!

So sorry to hear about Emmie. That is scary. It is so hard with school being back in session. My kids were in 3 days and I have 3 out of 4 sick already! LOVE IT!! I hope she gets well real soon!! xoxo-Amy

jana said...

k- could Debbie ever age?! All of your pics are AMAZING Tiff, I love it! Looks like you guys had an exciting summer. Your girls are so adorable.

jana said...

k- could Debbie ever age?! All of your pics are AMAZING Tiff, I love it! Looks like you guys had an exciting summer. Your girls are so adorable.

Kim said...

Hey Tiff! What a sweet post! I should tell you my bday, you give such sweet tributes to everyone! :)
I hope Em is better, sorry you were at the ER all night, ugh, that sucks!!!
BTW did you get Lily's bday invite? You think you can make it? Just want to see you guys!
Love ya~

Webb Family said...

She looks amazing for 56 & she sounds like lots of fun. You are very blessed to have such wonderful people in your life.
I hope Emmie is starting to feel better.