Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bye Bye Kindergarten and Preschool!

I can't believe my baby girl is a 1st grader. Where does time go? I remember the first day I sent her off to preschool, it seemed like yesterday. I was scared to death! She went when she turned 3 and she was just a baby. Well, I still feel like she is my baby and I have 2 younger ones! I was just talking to her preschool teacher Jean today, and we were talking about how big she is and how we can't believe she is in 1st grade. Kinda making me SAD! We didn't start off on a very good foot with Higley this year but I feel like we ended on a good one. She actually officially started school in February. Maybe that why it feels like time has FLOWN by!!! Her teacher, Stephanie did a really cute luau today! They dressed the kids up with leis etc. They had a cute little party with the classroom and we played games. She goes out of her way for these kids and does such a great job.  I have such a special place in my heart for these kids! They have such strong spirits and every time I am around them I walk away feeling so grateful to have one of Heavenly Fathers special children in my home. What an honor! They are all so special and they are all SOOO different. Sometimes I feel people don't give them a chance. It is so easy to get to know them and their personalities but yet people are scared and don't know how to approach them. I was guilty of it myself before I had Emmie. These kids have such cute personalities and really do know whats going on around them. I am so happy that Emmie loves school! I thought it would be impossible to change schools from last year. She had the most amazing preschool teacher (Mrs. Jean)! Mrs. Stephanie and my mom have done such a good job with Emmie this year and we are so pleased! Our prayers have been answered! Emmie is integrated with the typical kids for part of the day and those kindergartners love her so much! Thanks for such a fun year,we can't wait to see you guys next year!
Emmie and Dad!
The 3 musketeers!

My chunky monkey! She is getting so big!
Mom and Em bug

Grandma and Emmie
 We were playing musical chairs. The kids LOVED it!
Mrs. Stephanie and Emmie (Em was getting so tired!)



We missed Avas preschool graduation. I feel like such a crappy mom! We went to California for 2 weeks and tried to make it back for her program. Needless to say, I fell down the stairs and hurt my back really bad! I couldn't walk for a day. Long story and I will save for another post! But, we went by Mrs. Beckys today and gave her Avas gifts that she was so excited to give to her. She was such an amazing teacher and Ava LOVED her so much! She talked about her everyday and was so excited to see her at church every Sunday!  I had to get a picture of her with her preschool teacher! I can't believe she is going to be in kindergarten. So scary! I am going to be so lonely!
You wouldn't know by looking at this picture how much Ava LOVED her! We couldn't get her to smile! STINKER!

9 comments:

Heather Jeppsen said...

Don't you just love preschool? Your baby is getting huge! Why do they grow so fast? Love the picture of the three girls.

{Taylor} said...

Elsie looks so big in that picture! Emmie's teacher went all out on the luau- so cute! The girls all look so cute w/ luau loot on. Can I have a waffle cone?

Tracey said...

Sorry- that was me. Tay must have been on my computer last night.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Wow!! Is that Elsie?? Amazing how big she looks now. You must have the " good stuff"
Emmie looks so happy at her party. 1st grade..scary huh?
and you fell down the stairs I did that a few months ago..took me over 2 months to feel better

Shannon said...

Looks like Emmies class is so cute! I think that picture is making Elsie look bigger than she really is!

AudyCamp said...

ok that luau turned out so super cute. I'm so glad emmie could end this end on such a positive note.I'm sure her teachers loved her!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow your baby has grown up so quickly. Time just flies by too fast. Your girls are just darling. What a fun school party. I am so glad you found a great teacher...and to have 2 in school full-time next year? Does your school have the full-day kindergarten? Very exciting for the girls! You'll have so much time on your hands. Sorry to hear about your fall..hope your back is on the mend...ouch!

Webb Family said...

Cute pictures!!! Elsie is getting so big!!! Beautiful girls.

Veronica said...

I hate how fast they grow up! You kids look so cute! I hope you're feeling better.